- WHO WE ARE
The Kenya Institute of Professional Counselling (KIPC) is a registered technical training institute for Applied Psychology with a national network of well-established centers in major towns in Kenya. Established in the year 2000, KIPC is a leading training provider in psychological counseling and related behavioral sciences.
KIPC offers professional counselling courses at certificate and Diploma Levels to meet the rising demand for trained counsellors. We also undertake consultancy assignments in the field of counselling , provide counselling services, counsellor support and suprervision and offer Continuous Professional Development Courses (CPDC).
The Kenya Institute of Professional Counselling acquired an Interim registration by the Ministry of Education vide MOEST/659/2001 and got a full registration on 6th May 2005 vide MOEST/PC/941/05.
The Institute’s courses are validated by the Commission for University Education (C.U.E) vide Kenya gazette of April 13th 2007 and 4th September 2009.
KIPC main campus is situated at 7th floor View Park Towers Monrovia Street. The institute has satellite campuses in most of the counties countrywide (View Here).
Membership to Professional Organizations
KIPC holds membership to the following professional organizations.
- Kenya counselling and Psychological Association (KCPA).
- Kenya National Association For Psychologists, Counsellors and Supervisors
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE).
KIPC boasts of modern training facilities in conducive learning environment for its counsellor trainees. It houses standard therapy rooms that meets the therapeutic needs of its clients. KIPC believes in practical and experiential approaches to Professional Counselling.
To become the leading institute of excellence in the provision of professional training in applied psychology and quality psychological services in East and Southern Africa Region .
To train competent reflective counselling practitioners and supervisors.
To nurture the intellectual, physical , spiritual and social development of the individual students in order to develop their talents and unique potential.
- CORE VALUES
- Commitment to excellence
Working Towards Wholeness
- To establish and manage centers for applied psychology.
- To offer professional training in counseling and related behavioral sciences.
- To conduct research in the field of counseling.
- To offer counsellor supervision services in Kenya and in the region.
- To play a significant role in the fight against social challenges like drug abuse, HIV/AIDS and domestic violence.
- To collaborate with other institutions in the field of counselling and related behavioral sciences.
- To build capacity in trauma response and management to meet disaster situations in the region.