The Kenya Institute of Professional Counselling (KIPC) is a registered training institute for Applied Psychology with a national network of 15 well established centres in major towns of all the provinces of Kenya. Established in the year 2000, KIPC is a leading training provider in psychological counselling and related behavioral sciences.
KIPC offers professional counselling courses at Diploma and Higher Diploma Level to meet the rising demand for trained counsellors. It also undertakes consultancy assignment in the field of counselling offers Continuous Professional Development Courses (CPDC) and provides counselling services on one to one basis or to groups.
The Kenya Institute of Professional Counselling acquired an Interim registration by the Ministry of Education vide MOEST/659/2001 and got a full registration on 6th May 2005 vide MOEST/PC/941/05.
The Institute’s courses are validated by the Commission for Higher Education (C.H.E) vide Kenya gazette of April 13th 2007 and 4th September 2009.
KIPC main campus is situated at 7th floor View Park Towers Monrovia Street with the Administrative Offices located at City Hall Annexe 15th Floor.
Kenya Institute of Prifessional Counselling is a center for personal and professional development staffed by professional counselors, trainers and supervisors. The KIPC offers counseling, training and consultancy services. It promotes integrated approach counseling based on a humanistic model of counseling and training. Great care is taken in both counseling and training ro respect and enhance the autonomy of clients, trainees and supervisors.
KIPC offers services in the following divisions:
Membership to Professional Organizations
KIPC holds membership to the following professional organizations.
- Kenya Counselling Association
- Kenya National Association For Psychologists, Counsellors and Supervisors
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
KIPC boasts of modern training facilities in a conducive learning environment for its counsellor trainees. It also houses standard therapy rooms for meeting the therapeutic needs of its clients. KIPC believe in practical and experiential approaches to Professional Counselling.
To become a leading Institute of Excellence in the provision of quality psychological counselor training, supervision services and research in the East and Central African Region.
To enhance the quality of life through provision of counseling services designed to develop every persons unique potential.
- Commitment to excellence
MOTTO: Working Towards Wholeness
Below are the main objectives of KIPC
- To establish and manage centers for applied psychology.
- To offer professional training in counseling and related behavioral sciences.
- To conduct research in the field of counseling.
- To offer counsellor supervision services in Kenya and in the region.
- To play a significant role in the fight against social challenges like drug abuse, HIV/AIDS and domestic violence.
- To collaborate with other institutions in the field of counselling and related behavioral sciences.
- To build capacity in trauma response and management to the meet disaster situations in the region.